We recommend booking convenient and affordable parking in advance through SpotHero, the nation’s leading parking reservation app.
To reserve your parking spot, visit the National Theatre SpotHero Parking Page and book a spot with rates up to 50% off drive-up.
GETTING TO THE NATIONAL THEATRE
The National Theatre is located downtown on 1321 Pennsylvania Avenue, facing Pennsylvania Avenue and overlooking Freedom Plaza.
With more than 1,000 spaces within a two block radius, there are ample parking opportunities surrounding The National Theatre. There are several parking decks available for all performances and events.
Parking fees in the downtown area vary widely, from meters and park-it-yourself lots to valet parking at nearby hotels. Handicapped parking is available at each parking location.
The following parking lots are within walking distance of the theater:
- 1220 E Street, NW – Enter on E Street between 12th and 13th Streets
- 424 11th Street, NW
- 1325 G Street, NW – Enter on G Street between 13th and 14th Streets
- 1301 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW (Enter on 13th Street between E and F Streets)
Meters in the area near the theater now allow parking for up to two hours. The meters accept credit cards for charges of $1 or more. Coins, including the $1 coin, are accepted. The meter issues a timed ticket to place on your dashboard where it can be conveniently read. While this is convenient for ticket-buying and for our hour-long free programs, the meter would need to be renewed at intermission for most Mainstage performances.
Please note that The National Theatre is not responsible for parking violations or lost and stolen items from your vehicle.
The theater is closest to Metro Center (Blue, Orange, Red) station (can also exit at Federal Triangle).
- From Metro Center, take the 13th Street exit (at G Street).
- Go down the hill on 13th Street
- The theatre is two blocks down 13th Street to E Street, and 1/2 block to the right at 1321 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
- (At 13th Street, E Street becomes Pennsylvania Ave.)
Visit Amtrak.com for schedules into Washington D.C.’s famed Union Station. Upon arrival, guests can take Union Station Metro to Metro Center or can take a taxi directly to the venue.